Coming Soon to Sand Springs...
To submit historic photos/stories, email SanditePrideNews@gmail.com
- Stacys' Vintage Guitars opens inside Stacy's Resale Shop in downtown. - Read Story
- OSU Medicine opens new clinic in Adams Road Shopping Center.
- Chris and Julie Bedokis open Dog and Duck Antiques Shop downtown. - Read Story
- Ray Brown Park celebrates renovation with ribbon cutting ceremony. - Read Story
- El Maguey relocates to RiverWest Development. - Read Story
- Chinowth and Cohen Realtors construct new building in Prattville.
- Warehouse Market rebrands as Cox Cash Saver's.
- WSB Homes, LLC opens new location in downtown Sand Springs. - Read Story
- Future Vision Ministries closes downtown storefront.
- Celeste McCracken opens The Ground Floor Salon at 401 East Broadway Court.
- Sand Springs Round Up Club is evicted from River City Park. - Read Story
- Twin Cities Elementary is demolished. - Read Story
- Janeway Castle Stone Estate & Venue opens in Southwest Sand Springs. - Read Story
- DejaVu Decor closes shop in historic fashion building at 122 North Main Street. - Read Story
- YellowHouse Market & Boutique relocates to historic Chastain's building. - Read Story
- River City Park is renamed Case Community Park after $6.2 million renovation. - Read Story.
- Edward Jones Investments Agent Casey Loper opens new Prattville location. - Read Story.
- Stage department store relocates from Atwoods Plaza to 651 East Charles Page Blvd. - Read Story.
- Green Barn resale shop is destroyed by fire. - Read Story.
- It's Just a Girl Thing Boutique opens in Prattville.
- Silver Linings Boutique closed storefront in downtown, moved to booth in The Vintage Stables on Main.
- Beau Wilson Insurance opens in downtown Sand Springs.
- The Book Box closes in downtown Sand Springs.
- Terry's Classic Coneys partners with Harper's Hut Shaved Ice to serve Harper's in Prattville.
- Kim and Jeremy Herrington open Harper's Hut River City Concessions.
- Sandlot Sno-Balls closes River City Concessions location.
- Sandite Pride News, LLC officially incorporates in Sand Springs.
- Broadway Barber Shop opens in downtown Sand Springs.
- Urban Tails pet shop closes in downtown Sand Springs.
- Stacys' Resale Shop opens in downtown Sand Springs.
- Mike and Lisa Miller open YellowHouse Market & Boutique in Livi Lee's Shopping Center.
- Troy and Stephanie Cleveland open The Vintage Stables on Main at 115 North Main Street.
- Brad Crain opens Sandlot Sno-Balls in former Livi Lee's Summer Snow building.
- JwY's Snowcones rebrands as Livi Lee's Summer Snow under same owners.
- Livi Lee's Daylight Donuts opens Prattville location.
- The Book Box relocates from Prattville to downtown Sand Springs.
- Sandlot Sno-Balls opens River City Concessions.
- Holiday Inn Express opens in RiverWest Development.
- Mile High Designs opens at 13722 West Highway 51.
- William Nozak opens Harper's Hut Shaved Ice & Java on Charles Page Boulevard.
- Spring Dental opens at 530 Plaza Court.
- Sand Springs Autosource opens at 1114 East Charles Page Boulevard.
- K-Mart closes its 1200 E. Charles Page Blvd. location.
- April Sellers opens Silver Linings Boutique in downtown.
- Johnathan Wygle purchases Shipley's Daylight Donuts on Kampus Korner, rebrands as Livi Lee's Daylight Donuts.
- Quilt Nuts opens at 216 North Main Street.
- Advanced Weight Loss Clinic of Sand Springs opens at 401 East Broadway Court.
- Joni's on the Triangle Hair Salon opens at 211 North Main Street.
- The Hartford Sand Springs Insurance opens at 203 North Main Street.
- Laurie Joslin closes Chastain's Casual Cafe, opens DejaVu Decor at 122 North Main Street.
- Elizabeth Rose opens Boomarang Diner at 120 North Main Street.
- Dustin Wyzard Insurance opens at 203 North Main Street.
- GX2 Records is founded by I.J. Ganem and Morgan Ganem in Tulsa.
- American Legion Post 17 was renamed after Billie A. Hall.
- Keystone Ancient Forest park is founded.
- Snapdragon Photography begins doing business in Sand Springs.
- Johnathan Wygle opens JwY's Snow Cones in Warehouse Market parking lot.
- Battman Collision Repair opens at 702 East Pecan Street.
- The Lunch Box expands into neighboring storefront. Rebrands as Chastains Casual Cafe and Catering Company.
- Integrity Pest Management opens at 4010 South 113th West Avenue.
- Laurie and Don Rhodes open The Back Porch Cafe at 122 North Main Street.
- Dianne Platt and Libby Robinson open Tasteful Treasures at 12 West 2nd Street.
- Kandice Rinowski and Grant Simmons open Painted Picket at 10 West 2nd Street.
- Paula and Lonnie Stevens open Point of View decor at 28 East Broadway.
- Jynell and Donald Cowett open Sand Springs Harvest Health Food & Herbs.
- Cecil & Sons Discount Tires opens Prattville location at 4002 South Highway 97.
- Dr. Mehrdad Emami opens Galleria of Smiles at 104 West 41st Street.
- West Side Alliance Soccer Club is founded.
- Oklahoma Martial Arts America opens.
- St. Andrew Lutheran Church opens at 3210 South 113th West Avenue.
- New Fire Station 1 building is complete. Original Station 1 is demolish
- Spoon Drug opens at 540 Plaza Court.
- Doug's Sand Springs Rebuilders opens at 116 North Main Street.
- St. Patrick's Parochial School closes its doors after 50 years.
- Dean's Coney Island opens for business at 634 East Charles Page Boulevard.
- Cecil & Son's Discount Tires opens at 204 East Morrow Road.
- Keystone Dam construction is completed, Keystone Lake is formed.
- Construction begins on Keystone Expressway, destroying majority of sandy springs.
- Sand Springs annexes Prattville.
- Construction begins on Keystone Dam.
- Sand Springs streetcar system closes.
- Sand Springs Sand & Gravel Company opens.
- American Legion Post 17 receives permanent state charter.
- New concrete Arkansas River bridge is finished.
- Page Memorial Library is constructed by request of Lucile Page.
- Statue of Charles Page is unveiled in Sand Springs Triangle.
- St. Patrick's Parochial School opens in St. Patrick's Cathedral.
- Construction of Shell Lake Dam and founding of Shell Lake.
- First Christian Church of Sand Springs opens at 501 North Main Street.
- American Legion Post 17 is founded with a temporary charter.
- St. Patrick's Catholic Church is founded.
- First Christian Church of Sand Springs is organized.
- Sand Springs Home dormitory construction is finished.
- First bridge across Arkansas River is built.
- First Presbyterian Church constructs new facility at Fourth and Main.
- Construction begins on four-story brick dormitory at Sand Springs Home.
- City of Sand Springs is incorporated.
- Sand Springs Home is incorporated.
- Construction begins on Sand Springs Power and Water Company.
- The Community Church is founded. It is later renamed First Presbyterian Church of Sand Springs.
- Charles Page acquires land that will become Sand Springs.
- State of Oklahoma is founded.
- Postoak Cemetery is founded.
- Tullahassee Indian Cemetery is founded.