1401 East Park Road

The Sand Springs Lake was once a thriving entertainment destination for families across the Tulsa area. Trolleys ran from Tulsa to Sand Springs where visitors could swim in the pristine waters and spend time at the nearby zoo and amusement park. All three were owned by Sand Springs founder Charles Page.

Development of the areas around the lake caused it to fill with silt and it has long since been closed to swimming. It is now a fishing and nature-watching destination with a walking trail and park shelter. 

August 11, 2017. Volunteers from Church That Matters paint the pedestrian bridge at Sand Springs Lake Park.

Photos: July 29, 2017.