The Sand Springs Education Foundation held their 21st Annual Golf Classic on Monday, September 18th at Tulsa Country Club. 92 golfers competed during the day as participants in “Teed Off for Education,” raising upwards of $40,000; funds of which will go towards the SSEF Grants to Teachers Program.
The 4-Man Scramble format allows the golfers to participate in 2 Flights.
Winners of Flight A were:
- 1st Place-Gene Case Team with golfers Gene Case, Harold Neal, Brandon Biles and Regan Streck.
- 2nd Place-Keystone Insurance with golfers Guy Griggs, Jason Ward, Doug Haddock and Mike Ward.
- 3rd Place-Direct Energy Team #2 with golfers Allen Rachel, Leslie Brackett, Chance Ross and Chris Miller.
Winners in Flight B were:
- 1st Place-Mohawk Materials with golfers Lance Elliott, Megan Elliott, Matt Waller and Bob Bivens.
- 2nd Place-Air Solutions Sand Springs with golfers Keith Hilligoss, Josh Copeland, Eli Tallent and Mike Bartlett.
- 3rd Place-Sand Springs Home Team with golfers Ron Weese, Jason Charles, Mike Hixon and Erik Stuckey.
Honorable Mention was Sand Springs Public Schools with golfers Sherry Durkee, Rob Miller, Kristin Arnold and Laura Hamilton. Contest Hole winners were, Closest to the Pin on #6—Eric Davis and Closest to the Pin on #14—Tyler Sullivan. Raffle Prize was won by Brent Mackey.
A major Thank you goes out to this year’s Flagship Sponsor Sand Springs Meter Company, Adam Dudley. 22 area businesses and individuals participated as Hole Sponsors and Bill Knight Auto sponsored the Hole-in One Challenge on #9. Financial Advisors Paul Bizjack and Rocky Walters were the Logo Golf Ball Sponsor, Arvest Bank was the Lunch Sponsor and Direct Energy & Mr. & Mrs. Mark Boyd were the Dinner Sponsor. The SSEF also wishes to thank Bubble Town Car Wash, American Heritage Bank, Sand Springs CVS, TTCU, Tulsa Tech and Sherry Durkee for providing items for the Golfer Goodie Bags.
Funds raised at the Golf Classic go toward the Grants to Teachers Program, awarding of grants submitted by Sand Springs Schools teachers and principals.